Classic Center Cultural Foundation Scholarships
One of the goals of The Classic Center Cultural Foundation is to support the youth in our community in their continuing study of the arts. One of the ways we achieve this is by awarding three annual performing arts scholarships to local high school students and a culinary scholarship to individuals seeking to pursue culinary arts education full-time.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: EXTENDED TO MAY 1
2019 Culinary Arts ScholarshipThe Classic Center Cultural Foundation will award 3 scholarships to students pursuing the culinary arts. The 2019 applications are available now.
- Any student from Northeast Georgia is eligible.
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or a GED or must be a high school senior.
- Applicants must also submit a letter of reference from an industry professional or culinary educator.
In addition to the $2,000 student scholarship, each recipient's culinary program will receive $500.
Click here for the Culinary Arts Scholarship application
2019 Performing Arts Scholarships
The Classic Center Cultural Foundation will award 8 separate scholarships (3 from Athens and the surrounding counties, 4 from Rabun County and 1 from Greene County) to local high school students in the performing arts. Thank you fo your participation. Applications are closed at this time. Check back in the fall for 2020 applications.
The Foundation will award each scholarship recipient $2,000, as well as $500 to the arts department of each recipient's school.
- Any high school student from Clarke County or the surrounding counties is eligible (Barrow, Jackson, Madison, Oconee, Oglethorpe), as well as Rabun County and Greene County.
- Previous Classic Center Cultural Foundation scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Must submit a letter of reference from a performing arts teacher
- An audition, no longer than 4 minutes, is required
2019 Visual Arts Scholarships
The Classic Center Cultural Foundation will award its first scholarship to one local high school student in the visual arts. Thank you fo your participation. Applications are closed at this time. Check back in the fall for 2020 applications.
The Foundation will award the scholarship recipient $2,000, as well as $500 to the arts department of the recipient's school.
- Any high school junior or senior from Clarke County or the surrounding counties is eligible (Barrow, Jackson, Madison, Oconee, Oglethorpe)
- Entries may include all forms of visual arts pieces including drawing, painting, pottery, sculpture, film, photography and graphic design
- Must submit a letter of reference from an arts instructor
- Applicants will be judged on portfolio pieces submitted
- All works must be of the applicant’s original creation
- Selected finalists will appear in a juried art showcase at The Classic Center Theatre on Thursday, April 19