Applications for employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Leadership
- Working Leader
- Ticketing Representative
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
- Event Coverage Guard
Working Leader at The Classic Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Part-time / 30 hours per week
General Description: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and the Head Houseman, the Working Leader is responsible for leading, organizing and supervising the daily duties of the part-time staff in the areas of event room set up, public areas, and overall housekeeping. Duties include, but are not limited to physical labor, forklift driving, housekeeping, customer service, staff supervision, reading EPS document reacting to event needs, attending departmental meetings, costs savings practices, inventory management, and attention to overall day to day condition of the facility.
Typical work routine includes, but not limited to:
1. Fork lifting materials and equipment needed for sets.
2. Reporting any damages of the equipment and facility to a supervisor.
3. Organizing a part-time work force to accomplish outlined daily goals during a given period of time.
4. Monitoring implementing the most safe, proper and efficient use of The Classic Center resources, staff and equipment.
5. Implementation and compliance with any new or existing safety guidelines established by The Classic Center Management.
6. Responsible for monitoring all exits through the facility to ensure proper egress for guest.
7. Maintain cleanliness of all storage and service areas throughout the facility.
8. Direct supervision of part-time employees that are working set-up and housekeeping duties.
9. Direct/physical participation in a leadership role concerning meeting the required needs of room set up and overall cleanliness of The Classic Center.
10. Stacking chairs, lifting moderate-to heavy amount of weight, sweeping floors, emptying trash, rolling tables, setting stages, handling tables, building dance floors etc. as required.
11. Responsible for reporting all equipment repair needs to the Operations Manager, Director of Operations as well as the Head of Engineering.
12. Communication with other operational staff and supervisors to ensure the most efficient and current information is being utilized at all times.
13. Maintain positive public image of the facility at all times when in the service of The Classic Center.
14. Walking, standing, sitting, stooping, and lifting objects as required.
15. Work irregular work schedule as required meeting the event demands of The Classic Center clientele.
16. The Shift Supervisor may act as the MOD as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Minimum high school education or equivalent degree preferred. Not required.
2. Must have a current forklift certification.
3. Preferred at least one (1) years’ experience in the venue/facility field, or related, in a set-up or housekeeping capacity.
4. Experience desired in leading/managing people.
5. Ability to demonstrate competence in written & verbal communication and accurately comply.
6. Ability to operate heavy mechanized equipment.
7. Related training and experience gained which offers further understanding of set-up and housekeeping is desired.
8. Ability to perform physical tasks required meeting the duties of the job concerning manual labor.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Timothy DeMott, Director of Operations
No phone calls, please
Ticketing Representative at The Classic Center Box Office
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Summer hours apply May - August with the box office closing at 4 p.m. on weekdays. The box office is closed on the weekend during the summer. Extended hours apply for event days.
Pay Rate: $7.88/hour
General Description: Ticketing Representative is responsible for courteous, efficient and knowledgeable sales of event tickets for The Classic Center Theatre, Akins Arena at The Classic Center and other areas of the building. Ticketing Representatives politely assist patrons and guests with general directions and inquiries, answer phone calls and provide administrative support to The Classic Center through various clerical projects. This position reports directly to the Ticketing Services Manager and Theatre Manager.
Typical work routine includes, but not limited to:
- Sell tickets via Box Office phone and window in a detailed, service-oriented and efficient manner
- Maintain expert level knowledge of all ticketed events through event information sheets and related resources
- Exercise responsible cash handling at all time as detailed in Box Office Policies and Procedures
- Remain well-versed in the sale and redemption of gift certificates, coupons and special pay modes
- Answer phones and assist with general inquiries
- Exhibit professional and positive attitude at all times
- Remain informed of daily activities within the building. Be able to answer general inquiries about event locations, times, etc. Be proactive in seeking this knowledge when you are unsure of the correct answer. Follow-up with outstanding patron inquiries as immediately as possible.
- Complete all Box Office mailings, ticketing printing and other related tasks as directed by supervisors
- Recognize and resolve patron concerns within Box Office Customer Service guidelines
- Assist with season ticket renewals, returns and/or exchanges and other unique situations
- Collect and communicate parking information to Conference Services and Accounts Receivable Coordinator and Parking Manager as detailed in procedures
- Ensure Box Office work space is clean and organized at all times
- Communicate any trends in patron calls and concerns to supervisors
- Provide administrative support to the Theatre department in a variety of daily activities related to events, administration, staffing or miscellaneous
- Special projects and Theatre related duties as assigned
- College degree, or pursuit of college degree, preferred but not required
- Experience in retail or customer service related field
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of ticketing preferred but not required
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of accounting
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills
Preferred School Years:
Graduating after May 2018
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
The Classic Center Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
Description: This position is a part-time position (approximately 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on events) scheduled though The Classic Center Operations.
Pay Rate: $9.oo an HourResponsibilities including but not limited to:
- Organizing and directing housekeeping crew during assigned shifts
- Assisting with development of task sheets
- Organizing and maintaining equipment and supply inventories
- Conduct training and orientation for new employees
- Complete reports and keep records as needed