Applications for employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Leadership
- Information Coordinator
- Ticketing Representative
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
- Event Coverage Guard
Information Coordinator at Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau
Department: Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Part-time (28-29 hours/week) - 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
General Description: The Information Coordinator acts as visitor services greeter to all individuals calling or walking-in requesting information about Athens. The Information Coordinator maintains the database of visitor inquiries and for the Athens event calendar, as well as keeping informational brochures in stock and distributed in response to individual and group requests. Responsible for performing receptionist, communications and administrative support duties as specified blow. The position will report directly to the CVB Director of Marketing and Communications.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Under the guidance of the CVB Director of Marketing and Communications:
Content Creation (75%):
1. Maintains a well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area to visitors; acts as a liason between these entities and the visitor.
2. Gathers information on new companies or activities beneficial to the visitor.
3. Maintains partner account, listings and contacts in Customer Relationship Management program.
4. Gathers events information; maintains the Athens events calendar at www.VisitAthensGa.com using web-based Customer Relationship Management program.
5. Develops specialized visitor information as needed in response to specific consumer requests or in support of development of new print or CVB digital materials.
6. Proofs weekend and monthly events calendar eblast.
7. Back-up for social media team; posts from live events if needed.
8. Surveys local and surrounding county lodging to determine room availability during high occupancy periods, posts availability to CVB website.
Visitor Services (25%)
9. Serves as CVB Receptionist; answers all incoming phone calls.
10. Ensures that all inquiries (mail, walk-in, online and telephone) receive prompt and courteous responses; fulfill and record inquiries using Customer Relationship Management program.
11. Ensures that visitor information publications are well-stocked in on-site brochure racks and information tables; coordinates distribution to other outlets.
12. Takes mail and packages to post office as needed.
13. Keeps current inventory of visitor information supplies; disposes of outdated materials.
14. Coordinates assistance from Community Service Workers, including overseeing certain assignments.
15. Attends CVB staff, CVB advisory board and Classic Center staff meetings as work schedule permits.
16. Serves on committees as requested and able.
17. Provides project management of other duties as assigned.
1. Customer-service oriented, welcoming and friendly demeanor with a fast-paced environment.
2. Excellent writing, speaking and organizational skills.
3. Extremely detail-oriented. Able to be productive and accurate amidst interruptions at reception desk.
4. Excellent computer skills, including being proficient in MS Office and database management. Interest in acquiring knowledge of our proprietary event and consumer inquiry database system.
5. Knowledge of and appreciation for Athens as a visitor destination; curiosity in learning more about Athens and about the tourism industry as economic development.
6. Able to lift up to 25 pounds to stock and restock literature, boxes of which can be quite heavy.
Send resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls, please.
Ticketing Representative at The Classic Center Box Office
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Summer hours apply May - August with the box office closing at 4 p.m. on weekdays. The box office is closed on the weekend during the summer. Extended hours apply for event days.
Pay Rate: $7.88/hour
General Description: Ticketing Representative is responsible for courteous, efficient and knowledgeable sales of event tickets for The Classic Center Theatre, Akins Arena at The Classic Center and other areas of the building. Ticketing Representatives politely assist patrons and guests with general directions and inquiries, answer phone calls and provide administrative support to The Classic Center through various clerical projects. This position reports directly to the Ticketing Services Manager and Theatre Manager.
Typical work routine includes, but not limited to:
- Sell tickets via Box Office phone and window in a detailed, service-oriented and efficient manner
- Maintain expert level knowledge of all ticketed events through event information sheets and related resources
- Exercise responsible cash handling at all time as detailed in Box Office Policies and Procedures
- Remain well-versed in the sale and redemption of gift certificates, coupons and special pay modes
- Answer phones and assist with general inquiries
- Exhibit professional and positive attitude at all times
- Remain informed of daily activities within the building. Be able to answer general inquiries about event locations, times, etc. Be proactive in seeking this knowledge when you are unsure of the correct answer. Follow-up with outstanding patron inquiries as immediately as possible.
- Complete all Box Office mailings, ticketing printing and other related tasks as directed by supervisors
- Recognize and resolve patron concerns within Box Office Customer Service guidelines
- Assist with season ticket renewals, returns and/or exchanges and other unique situations
- Collect and communicate parking information to Conference Services and Accounts Receivable Coordinator and Parking Manager as detailed in procedures
- Ensure Box Office work space is clean and organized at all times
- Communicate any trends in patron calls and concerns to supervisors
- Provide administrative support to the Theatre department in a variety of daily activities related to events, administration, staffing or miscellaneous
- Special projects and Theatre related duties as assigned
- College degree, or pursuit of college degree, preferred but not required
- Experience in retail or customer service related field
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of ticketing preferred but not required
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of accounting
- Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills
Preferred School Years:
Graduating after May 2018
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
The Classic Center Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
Description: This position is a part-time position (approximately 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on events) scheduled though The Classic Center Operations.
Pay Rate: $9.oo an HourResponsibilities including but not limited to:
- Organizing and directing housekeeping crew during assigned shifts
- Assisting with development of task sheets
- Organizing and maintaining equipment and supply inventories
- Conduct training and orientation for new employees
- Complete reports and keep records as needed