Applications for employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Leadership
- Working Leader
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
- Event Coverage Guard
Working Leader at The Classic Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Part-time / 30 hours per week
General Description: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and the Head Houseman, the Working Leader is responsible for leading, organizing and supervising the daily duties of the part-time staff in the areas of event room set up, public areas, and overall housekeeping. Duties include, but are not limited to physical labor, forklift driving, housekeeping, customer service, staff supervision, reading EPS document reacting to event needs, attending departmental meetings, costs savings practices, inventory management, and attention to overall day to day condition of the facility.
Typical work routine includes, but not limited to:
1. Fork lifting materials and equipment needed for sets.
2. Reporting any damages of the equipment and facility to a supervisor.
3. Organizing a part-time work force to accomplish outlined daily goals during a given period of time.
4. Monitoring implementing the most safe, proper and efficient use of The Classic Center resources, staff and equipment.
5. Implementation and compliance with any new or existing safety guidelines established by The Classic Center Management.
6. Responsible for monitoring all exits through the facility to ensure proper egress for guest.
7. Maintain cleanliness of all storage and service areas throughout the facility.
8. Direct supervision of part-time employees that are working set-up and housekeeping duties.
9. Direct/physical participation in a leadership role concerning meeting the required needs of room set up and overall cleanliness of The Classic Center.
10. Stacking chairs, lifting moderate-to heavy amount of weight, sweeping floors, emptying trash, rolling tables, setting stages, handling tables, building dance floors etc. as required.
11. Responsible for reporting all equipment repair needs to the Operations Manager, Director of Operations as well as the Head of Engineering.
12. Communication with other operational staff and supervisors to ensure the most efficient and current information is being utilized at all times.
13. Maintain positive public image of the facility at all times when in the service of The Classic Center.
14. Walking, standing, sitting, stooping, and lifting objects as required.
15. Work irregular work schedule as required meeting the event demands of The Classic Center clientele.
16. The Shift Supervisor may act as the MOD as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Minimum high school education or equivalent degree preferred. Not required.
2. Must have a current forklift certification.
3. Preferred at least one (1) years’ experience in the venue/facility field, or related, in a set-up or housekeeping capacity.
4. Experience desired in leading/managing people.
5. Ability to demonstrate competence in written & verbal communication and accurately comply.
6. Ability to operate heavy mechanized equipment.
7. Related training and experience gained which offers further understanding of set-up and housekeeping is desired.
8. Ability to perform physical tasks required meeting the duties of the job concerning manual labor.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Timothy DeMott, Director of Operations
No phone calls, please
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
The Classic Center Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
Description: This position is a part-time position (approximately 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on events) scheduled though The Classic Center Operations.
Pay Rate: $9.oo an HourResponsibilities including but not limited to:
- Organizing and directing housekeeping crew during assigned shifts
- Assisting with development of task sheets
- Organizing and maintaining equipment and supply inventories
- Conduct training and orientation for new employees
- Complete reports and keep records as needed