The Classic Center Volunteers STARS Program
Thank you for your interest in joining our STARS Volunteer Program at The Classic Center. Our events would not be possible without the generosity and commitment of our invaluable volunteer STARS. Our STARS are all ages and from all walks of life. What they share is a desire to provide warm and gracious hospitality to patrons visiting our facility.
STARS serve the Athens community by assisting The Classic Center and the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau at a variety of events. STARS play many essential roles before, during and after events such as greeting patrons, processing tickets, answering general inquiries and seating patrons, as well as providing a sincere and fond farewell.
Benefits of the STARS Program
- Opportunities to watch popular shows and sporting events
- Personally impact visitors of Athens at events within our facility
- Fellowship with others who are passionate for serving the community
- Be pampered at our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Enjoy convenient access to our online volunteer portal
- Volunteers must serve at 8 events minimum per season to remain active. If you are unable to complete the requirement, you will need to attend another orientation to regain access to the program.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. If a volunteer is under 18, they must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at all times. Minimum age allowed in the program is 16.
- Volunteers must have email and consistent internet access.
- Due to the nature of events, volunteering at The Classic Center may require long periods of standing, walking, and/or climbing stairs. The Classic Center is happy to make reasonable accommodations for volunteers with special requirements.
- Must be able to stay for the entire duration of the event.
Join the STARS Team: Application Process
All volunteers must complete a background check, liability waiver & acknowledgement form, and attend an orientation. After completing the online application form, your account is subject for review. Once approved, you will be contacted by The Classic Center’s House Manager with a link to complete your background check and to sign a liability waiver. Don’t worry, all information provided will be kept strictly confidential and will only be processed by our Human Resources Manager. You will then be invited to attend a mandatory orientation hosted by Classic Center Staff. Upon completion, you will be able to begin participating in the program.
We thank you for your interest in joining the STARS volunteer program. Please contact Alissa Robbins at STARS@classiccenter.com if you would like to receive more information about The Classic Center STARS program or if you have any additional questions or concerns.
If you are looking to fulfill community service hours, please contact Nate Koep at firstname.lastname@example.org.