Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below, please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
Employee Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Servant Style Leadership
- Event Coverage Guard
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Parking Attendant
- Sponsorship Sales Coordinator
Event Coverage Guard
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Operations Supervisor and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
All other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task or work independently
Ability to react and problem solve quickly
Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Danny Bryant, Director of Arena & Ancillary Services
No phone calls, please
JOB TITLE: Sponsorship Sales Coordinator FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Sponsorship Sales Coordinator is responsible for the sale of all Classic Center and Classic Center Cultural Foundation event sponsorship, as well as servicing the benefit needs of each client. The Coordinator also sells internal advertising, including theatre playbill and plasma screen ads. This position also serves as the primary coordinator for The Classic Center’s hockey sky suite marketing initiatives. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Make routine sponsorship sales calls for upcoming internal events. Will be expected to hit specific sponsorship sales goals for each event.
- Track marketing department sponsorship for community events (golf tournaments, community relations activities, etc.)
- Prepare weekly sponsorship report and provide to Executive Director and Director of Marketing.
- Develop and collect data for monthly board reports. Work with the Director of Marketing to prepare for monthly board reports
- Coordinate sales and marketing initiatives to host clients in UGA football and hockey sky suites.
- Assist the sales department with entertainment events for incoming guests/clients of the facility.
- Work with Marketing Project Coordinator to produce sales materials for all sponsorship.
The Sponsorship Sales Coordinator shall maintain a professional attitude in the performance of day-to-day activities. Information, written correspondence, and business conversations shall be kept in confidence at all times. The coordinator shall be familiar with all operating policies and procedures of The Classic Center and shall perform such other duties, functions and special projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Cultural Foundation.
- One to three years of sales or coordinator experience preferred.
- Four-year college degree required.
- Ability to follow directions with minimum instructions and to work independently when necessary.
- Good working knowledge of work processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling computer applications.
- Salesforce software knowledge is not required but would be preferred.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to the following link.