Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below; please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
As internships become open, they will be listed on the Internship Information and Applications page
Employee and Internship Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment and internships with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic, and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and a proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork, and Servant-Style Leadership
- Convention Sales Account Executive
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Parking Attendant
JOB TITLE: Convention Sales Account Executive FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Convention Sales Account Executive will be selling space rental and packaging for The Classic Center, specifically focused on contacting, negotiating and building relationships with new and existing accounts. This position requires a proactive, motivated and skilled salesperson adept at meeting and exceeding stated deliverables on a regimented timeline.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed space rent goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls and written communication.
- Maximize space rent by selling all facets of The Classic Center; working with the individual needs of each client and exceeding expectations.
- Build and sustain customer relationships at multiple levels. Foster ongoing relationships through persistence, professionalism and organization. Follow-up with accounts on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with the Sales Team members to effectively and efficiently process incoming sales business.
- Exceed stated benchmarking expectations on monthly and yearly basis. Work with Sales Team in order to prioritize and execute sales calls, maintain account relationships and increase new account sales.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to team members to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Be familiar with industry trends, competition and key customers within the region. Target selected customers for sales calls, ensuring focused delivery and execution of sales pitch.
The Convention Sales Account Executive will work closely with the Director of Sales to target selected customer groups throughout the year. The Convention Sales Account Executive will be familiar with all operating policies and procedures of The Classic Center and will perform such other duties, functions and special projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Sales and/or the Executive Director.
- Minimum high school education or GED, with one (1) year outside sales or B2B/ hospitality sales environment. College degree preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and follow directions with minimum instructions. Ability to work independently as necessary.
- Proven track record or meeting and exceeding sales quota. Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude, high motivation level and a passion for The Classic Center.
- This position requires frequent walking and standing. This position requires lifting and carrying objects up to 10 lbs.
- Proficient with computer software programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Able to hear, see, and to read and write English.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Employee Resume Submission
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
DEPARTMENT: Arena and Ancillary Services
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Part Time
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Revenue Coordinator and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
- Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
- Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
- Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
- Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
- Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
- Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
- Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task or work independently
- Ability to react and problem solve quickly
- Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
- Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
- License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Interested applicants should apply on the Part-Time Position Applications