Applications for employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork & Leadership
- Event Planner
- Parking Attendant
- Working Leader
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
- Event Coverage Guard
Event Planner at The Classic Center
Job Type: Full-Time
General Description: The Event Planner will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling events within The Classic Center as assigned and shall monitor the logistical interfacing of these events, to include, but not limited to: Meeting/communicating with clients, preparing event outlines, preparing scaled drawings of event areas, coordination of equipment distribution, event billing, monitoring events assigned, and such other functions and duties as required by the Director of Operations. Position reports directly to the Director of Operations and may function as the Manager on Duty in his/her absence.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE OF THE EVENT PLANNER INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Plan, organize, and maintain a productive work schedule as required by events assigned by the Manager of Operations.
2. Prepare detailed written outlines and instructions for events as required.
3. Function as liaison between users and staff of The Classic Center by facilitating and leading planning meetings with clients and staff in order to obtain essential information.
4. Monitor assigned event requirements as interfaced with other events and activities scheduled in The Classic Center.
5. Prepare detailed scaled drawings illustrating event requirements.
6. Coordinate equipment distribution, (drape, tables, chairs, staging, microphones, etc.) as required.
7. Notify Director of Operations of facilities or equipment in need of repair or replacement.
8. Interact with functional unit heads and other Classic Center staff in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
9. Present event-related information in a concise, professional and accurate manner as required.
10. Serve as the primary contact for the client following the Sales Department as the planning process evolves from the contracting stage to the execution stage with the Event Managers.
11. Informed, targeted, and actively involved to assist in reaching goals set forth from the Director of Operations in regards to departmental sales objectives.
12. Proficient in all areas of life safety in accordance with operational policy and procedures
13. Work irregular schedule as required ensuring proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in The Classic Center.
14. Coordinate event parking between The Classic Center clients, the staff responsible for on-site parking, and the City of Athens.
15. Such other duties, functions, and special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations of The Classic Center.
1. Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an Event Coordinator with a multipurpose facility or three (3) years’ experience in a comparable or related position.
2. Minimum high school education or equivalent. College degree preferred with emphasis on management and drafting or math. Additional years of experience may serve as substitute on basis of two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of college.
3. Ability to demonstrate competence in basic math, written communications, verbal communication, and basic drafting.
4. Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to:
Tim DeMott, Director of Operations
No phone calls, please.
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Operations Supervisor and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
All other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task or work independently
Ability to react and problem solve quickly
Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Danny Bryant, Director of Arena & Ancillary Services
No phone calls, please
Working Leader at The Classic Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Part-time / 30 hours per week
General Description: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and the Head Houseman, the Working Leader is responsible for leading, organizing and supervising the daily duties of the part-time staff in the areas of event room set up, public areas, and overall housekeeping. Duties include, but are not limited to physical labor, forklift driving, housekeeping, customer service, staff supervision, reading EPS document reacting to event needs, attending departmental meetings, costs savings practices, inventory management, and attention to overall day to day condition of the facility.
Typical work routine includes, but not limited to:
1. Fork lifting materials and equipment needed for sets.
2. Reporting any damages of the equipment and facility to a supervisor.
3. Organizing a part-time work force to accomplish outlined daily goals during a given period of time.
4. Monitoring implementing the most safe, proper and efficient use of The Classic Center resources, staff and equipment.
5. Implementation and compliance with any new or existing safety guidelines established by The Classic Center Management.
6. Responsible for monitoring all exits through the facility to ensure proper egress for guest.
7. Maintain cleanliness of all storage and service areas throughout the facility.
8. Direct supervision of part-time employees that are working set-up and housekeeping duties.
9. Direct/physical participation in a leadership role concerning meeting the required needs of room set up and overall cleanliness of The Classic Center.
10. Stacking chairs, lifting moderate-to heavy amount of weight, sweeping floors, emptying trash, rolling tables, setting stages, handling tables, building dance floors etc. as required.
11. Responsible for reporting all equipment repair needs to the Operations Manager, Director of Operations as well as the Head of Engineering.
12. Communication with other operational staff and supervisors to ensure the most efficient and current information is being utilized at all times.
13. Maintain positive public image of the facility at all times when in the service of The Classic Center.
14. Walking, standing, sitting, stooping, and lifting objects as required.
15. Work irregular work schedule as required meeting the event demands of The Classic Center clientele.
16. The Shift Supervisor may act as the MOD as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. Minimum high school education or equivalent degree preferred. Not required.
2. Must have a current forklift certification.
3. Preferred at least one (1) years’ experience in the venue/facility field, or related, in a set-up or housekeeping capacity.
4. Experience desired in leading/managing people.
5. Ability to demonstrate competence in written & verbal communication and accurately comply.
6. Ability to operate heavy mechanized equipment.
7. Related training and experience gained which offers further understanding of set-up and housekeeping is desired.
8. Ability to perform physical tasks required meeting the duties of the job concerning manual labor.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Timothy DeMott, Director of Operations
No phone calls, please
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
The Classic Center Housekeeping Shift Supervisor
Description: This position is a part-time position (approximately 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on events) scheduled though The Classic Center Operations.
Pay Rate: $9.oo an HourResponsibilities including but not limited to:
- Organizing and directing housekeeping crew during assigned shifts
- Assisting with development of task sheets
- Organizing and maintaining equipment and supply inventories
- Conduct training and orientation for new employees
- Complete reports and keep records as needed