Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below; please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
As internships become open, they will be listed on the Internship Information and Applications page
Employee and Internship Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment and internships with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic, and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and a proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork, and Servant-Style Leadership
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Coordinator II
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt Part-Time 20 hours per week _____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Accounts Payable Coordinator II will report directly to the Director of Administration. This position is primarily responsible for all of the purchasing activities and ensuring that all vendor payments are accurate and made on a timely basis for The Classic Center Authority.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Become familiar and ensure purchasing policies and guidelines are upheld
2. Manages entire invoice process; receives all invoices from vendors; matches invoices to purchase orders and confirms all items have been received and properly invoiced.
3. Prepare approved purchase orders for accounts payable processing. Ensure purchase order is approved by the responsible department head and filled out correctly and the appropriate source documents are scanned and attached
4. Prepare outstanding accounts payable record to strive to be current (within 30 days) each week to review with the Director of Administration prior to the cash flow meeting with the Executive Director
5. Prepare and process approved weekly checks for all vendors. File checks and appropriate source documentation.
6. Become knowledgeable about and be able to execute ACH templates and transactions. Routinely send ACH notices to vendors to encourage receiving payments ACH
7. Review unpaid purchase orders on monthly basis. Inquire with vendor or department head regarding invoices not received.
8. Manages vendor and internal inquiries as related to accounts payable issues. Establish and foster strong relationships with vendors. Ensure the vendor checklist is completed for each vendor prior to payment
9. Manages monthly purchase card and other credit card statement reconciliation and ensures proper backup information is submitted from appropriate employees. Bring all unusual expenses to the Director of Administration
10. Assist with integration of various software systems into the accounting system to ensure accurate reporting, sufficient back up and limit human error of data entry.
11. Assist with monthly and yearly audit financial close
12. Remains a high level of professionalism in which they approach others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
13. Actively drive the Classic Center’s value, vision, brand and mission; an embodiment of the company’s culture in and out of work; Uphold the values and culture and carry themselves in a professional manner at all time
14. All other duties as assigned.
1. College degree preferred.
2. High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
3. Advanced level QuickBooks Enterprise experience.
4. Ability to take proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve result
Interested applicants should complete the Part-Time Position Application
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Receptionist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Part Time 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (1-hour lunch included)
MUST HAVE MONDAY AND FRIDAY AVAILABILITY
The Receptionist shall be responsible for performing all clerical and receptionist duties for the Administration Department to include, but not limited to: Answering all incoming calls, greeting all guests and staff, drafting documents, mail, performing all clerical duties as required by the Executive Assistant. This position will report directly to the Executive Assistant.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answer all incoming phone calls: screen calls, direct to appropriate staff and give directions
- Take messages when necessary
- Answer base station of two-way radio station
- Be trained in all emergency procedures
- Notify Manager on Duty of all emergencies
- Greet walk-in guests internal and external, and direct to the correct location
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in which they approach others in tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Assist staff with copy and scan office needs
- Validate parking tickets and communicate parking procedures to guests and visitors
- Prepare Daily and Weekly Event Listings for staff distribution
- Prepare for meetings in the boardroom and ensure that additional amenities are provided
- Open, Stamp, Sort and Distribute Mail and Packages
- Record Checks and other payments in the Check Receipts Log
- Maintain Office Equipment
- Order Office Supplies each month after Office Supply Request Forms have been approved
- Maintain Current Phone List, Employee Cell Phone List
- Update the BEO/EPS Binder and have current for Tuesday Operations Meeting
- Keep Receptionist Desk, Receptionist Area, Kitchen, and Boardroom neatly organized
- Actively drive The Classic Center’s values, vision, brand and mission
- Assist other departments with special projects as assigned
- Assist Executive Director with duties as assigned
Interested applicants should apply through the Part-Time Position Application form