- Feature Links
Full-Time and Part-Time Position Applications
As full-time and part-time positions become open, they will be listed below; please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
As internships become open, they will be listed on the Internship Information and Applications page
Bread for Life Training ProgramLearn more about the Bread for Life training program and apply here.
Employee and Internship Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment and internships with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic, and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and a proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork, and Servant-Style Leadership
FLSA STATUS: Part Time Non-Exempt transitioning to Full Time Exempt in August 2021
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing, execute the overall marketing and strategic planning programs for The Classic Center, assist with all conference client communications and partner with The Classic Center Cultural Foundation to offer event marketing strategies. Position will facilitate client development through marketing services for internal conference clients and work closely with our Marketing team to create and execute ad plans for Cultural Foundation fundraising events. The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Attend weekly Sales, Marketing and Foundation meetings to review newly contracted events and implement strategies for increasing marketing services efforts.
2. Oversee all updates to and execution of Classic Center marketing collateral, ensuring timely response to department heads and Executive Director regarding necessary materials.
3. Oversee facility’s electronic marketing efforts including supervision of mobile app design and maintenance.
4. Coordinate the department’s marketing services efforts for clients, special events and conferences.
5. Work directly with Cultural Foundation to offer marketing strategies for fundraising events, creating, and executing ad plans.
6. Produce insertion orders for local ad buys and manage invoices and submit marketing costs to create settlement for Foundation events.
7. Maintain website and mobile app content as it pertains to marketing clients or Cultural Foundation events.
8. Assist the Director of Marketing with preparation of monthly board report for The Classic Center.
9. Stay abreast of industry trends and new media opportunities, while also observing competitor initiatives and activities for the overall marketing improvement of The Classic Center.
10. Oversee social media accounts for The Classic Center, work with Communications Coordinator and Advertising Coordinator to create a content calendar and ambassador program.
11. All other duties as assigned.
1. College degree required. Concentration in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred.
2. One to three years’ experience in marketing and/or project management.
3. Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work effectively with staff and management at all levels in the organization.
4. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
5. Requires good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows-based computer applications and design
To apply, please click here to be directed to our Candidate Portal.