Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below; please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
As internships become open, they will be listed on the Internship Information and Applications page
Employee and Internship Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment and internships with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic, and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and a proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork, and Servant-Style Leadership
- Arena Services Supervisor
- Event Coverage Guard
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Parking Attendant
JOB TITLE: Arena Services Supervisor FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Seasonal
15-30 hours per week September - Mid March
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Arena & Ancillary Services. Must be available to work 15-30 hours per week, including nights and weekends, as work schedule is based upon the 2019-2020 home hockey schedule, included below. Schedule is subject to change (dates, times, and opponents). This is a seasonal part-time non-exempt position running from early-October through mid-March.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Act as a liaison for the hockey opponents, ensuring the team knows the location of the locker room and showers, when periods begin, and any special promotions for the evening
- Assist with pre-game, in-game, and post-game production including puck drop, national anthem, chuck-a-puck, giveaways, etc.
- Interact with season ticket holders, sponsors, and VIPs
- Support with the install and removal of the ice rink
- Serve as a supervisor for the team of volunteers during the installs and removals
- Serve as the Skate Counter Supervisor
- Responsible for supervising the volunteer group each session; including verify proper group is fully staffed and making necessary arrangements if group does not arrive.
- Ensure volunteer group is trained on the proper procedures for giving out skates and seals and cleaning skates upon being returned
- Ensure the skate counter area remains neat and organized
- Maintain an inventory of clean towels and sanitizing spray and notify the Arena and Pavilion Services Manager when inventory is running low
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace in the Arena. To include proper lighting, temperature, signage, safe entrances/exits, music and spectator areas.
- Responsible for maintaining an overall high level of safety of the ice rink and contacting the EMT and Manager on Duty in case of an emergency
- Supervise the Skate Guard, or in their absence supervise safety of skaters
- Coordinate with the Zamboni driver and Box Office about sessions beginning and ending
- Make periodic announcements for time remaining in session, seal availability and reversal of skate direction
- Process all cash received and complete end of shift reconciliation or count out at shift change
- Handle customer inquiries and concerns in regards to skating, seal rental, on ice safety and general Classic Center inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned
2019-2020 UGA Hockey Home Schedule (dates and times are subject to change)
Friday, October 11th vs. Mississippi 7:30 PM
Sunday, October 13th vs. Coastal Carolina 3:00 PM
Thursday, October 17th vs. Clemson 7:00 PM
Friday, October 18th vs. Georgia Tech 7:30 PM
Thursday, November 21st vs. Kennesaw State 7:00 PM
Friday, November 22nd vs. South Carolina 7:30 PM
Thursday, January 9th vs. Alabama 7:00 PM
Friday, January 10th vs. Alabama 7:30 PM
Saturday, January 11th vs. Florida 7:30 PM
2019-2020 Federal Prospects Hockey League Schedule
Sunday, December 29th Columbus River Dragons vs. Danville Dashers 4:05 PM
Sunday, January 12th Columbus River Dragons vs. Port Huron Prowlers 4:05 PM
To apply please go to the Part-Time Position Applications link at the top of the page
Event Coverage Guard
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Parking Attendant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering company, client and customer satisfaction while using the parking deck. This position will be supervised by the Parking Operations Supervisor and Parking Manager.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Ensures guest satisfaction: assist visitors with entrance and departure of the facility
Collect payment upon entry for Event Parking and ensure cash matches report at the end of the night
Help keep the parking deck clean and report anything to the Parking Manager that would need to be repaired or changed
Help patrol parking deck in order to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property theft, report any incidents to the Parking Manager and Security immediately
Help hang signage and move barricades to direct flow and provide direction
Assist in resolving any issues or disputes regarding parking and notifying management when needed
Remain knowledgeable and communicate event schedule to guests
Remain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism when approaching clients, co-workers, and supervisors
All other duties as assigned
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multi-task or work independently
Ability to react and problem solve quickly
Ability to understand and communicate company policies and procedures
Work schedule will vary depending on event schedule
License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to
Danny Bryant, Director of Arena & Ancillary Services
No phone calls, please