Part-Time Position Applications
Applications for part-time employment can be completed and submitted by clicking here.
Full-Time Position Applications
As full-time positions become open, they will be listed below; please follow the instructions listed within the job description.
As internships become open, they will be listed on the Internship Information and Applications page
Employee and Internship Background Investigation Policy Statement
It shall be a condition of employment and internships with The Classic Center to submit to a background investigation. Offers of employment shall be conditional pending the results of the background investigation, which shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years;
- A nationwide sex offender search
The Mission of The Classic Center
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic, and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and a proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."
Hospitality, Teamwork, and Servant-Style Leadership
- Athens CVB Sales and Services Manager
- Director of Athens CVB
- Levy Restaurants Server
- Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
- Operations Coordinator
- Extra Coverage Guard
DEPARTMENT: Convention and Visitors Bureau: Sales
JOB TITLE: Sales and Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The primary task of this position is to increase the economic impact of the group market, whether tour or meetings/conventions, on the Athens community. Primary emphasis will be placed on attracting overnight visitors. This position will be directly responsible for all elements of social sales and conventions services. An emphasis will be placed on facilitating the CVB’s housing program for groups. This position reports to Director of Sales of the Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales:
- Meet or exceed all sales and marketing goals and objectives as outlined in the Program of Work, as well as manage the programming and execution of said plan.
- Prospect to identify viable customers in assigned markets based on sales goals. Create and maintain a file on each organization/group, obtaining history and needs. Trace potential accounts with goal of booking business (overnight emphasis). Maintain a database of relevant contacts.
- Coordinate hotel accommodations for single-property events and leads generated from Classic Center staff.
- Work/partner with local organizations to promote Athens.
- Develop new product in form of itineraries, packages, and more for both individual leisure travelers and convention attendees. Customize for group tours as requested.
- Manage accounts as instructed by the Director of Sales.
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Managers and Director of Sales.
- Generate leads and submits these leads to the requested Athens businesses / suppliers. Follows up to ensure that the customer has received requested information and to see if there are any questions or concerns.
- Assist other sales managers as a clearinghouse for assigned market/account bid presentations.
- Provides the client with requested information from lodging and other suppliers, when appropriate in the form of a proposal, which should meet the expressed and unexpressed needs of the client in an unbiased, consultative, and timely fashion.
- Coordinate Athens’ participation in various consumer and trade shows.
- Attend quarterly CVB advisory board meetings, bimonthly CVB staff meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Organize and assist in the implementation of familiarization tours of Athens.
- Inform local hospitality businesses of upcoming conventions and events.
- Serve as back-up for walk-ins and incoming phone calls.
- Perform other duties, functions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Employee Resume Submission
The Director is to manage the Convention and Visitors Bureau in accordance with the guidelines established by The Classic Center’s Authority President; the VP of Sales, Marketing, and Outreach; and its Policies and Procedures. This position will report directly to the VP of Sales, Marketing, and Outreach. The primary responsibilities are to carry out the goals and objectives established in the program of work, organize all available resources, provide clear direction to the staff, enforce policy, recommend strategic changes (including product development), effectively promote Athens (including a consistent brand), maintain budget guidelines, continue to research new prospects, and oversee the coordination of Athens’ resources/partners to reap the maximum benefits for the meetings and conventions, sports tourism, and leisure tourism markets.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Organize, train, direct, and motivate staff to accomplish goals/KPIs and objectives as outlined in the program of work, which is approved by the VP of Sales, Marketing, and Outreach, as well as the President of The Classic Center Authority.
- Develop an operating budget within the guidelines established by the VP of Sales, Marketing, and Outreach.
- Monitor, control, and manage all financial resources allowed in the CVB budget to ensure the most effective use of these resources. Formulate CVB budget, approve all CVB spending, and sign off on monthly financial reports. Ensure all revenues and expenditures are properly recorded and representative of actual transitions that have taken place in accordance with the laws of hotel tax and approved by superiors.
- Ensure that goals/KPIs and objectives are being met and strive to exceed expectations.
- Act as a primary representative for all public relations for the hospitality and tourism industry of Athens-Clarke County.
- Coordinate all available resources and act as the central point of information in Athens-Clarke County for items including but not limited to:
- Community calendar
- Convention and visitor services
- Hospitality industry training
- Restaurant information
- Visitor and hospitality industry
- Visitor attractions
- Oversee brand image and destination marketing:
- Manage consistent presence of the CVB’s (Athens destination) brand; analyze effectiveness of reach and impact on target audiences.
- Produce sales & marketing collateral for all target audiences (leisure and meetings & conventions), including the official Athens Visitors Guide, media kit, and sales profile sheets.
- Develop, manage, and optimize print and digital advertising campaigns.
- Develop and manage a leading website in terms of design, content, and features to provide top user experience for target audiences. Create, keep current, and optimize search performance for VisitAthensGA.com.
- Create video, blog, and social media content to provide compelling storytelling of Athens’ most distinctive draws as a destination.
- Achieve significant coverage through public/media relations.
- Develop customer service training needed to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Oversee prospecting efforts to ensure new business continues to be generated for our city’s venues, hotels, attractions, and other partners.
- Recommend new product development by staying in touch with customers and current trends in the industry to keep maximizing economic impact of tourism.
- Oversee sales efforts (KPIs, pace reports, room night counts, and STAR Reports) for maximum results.
- Actively participate in generating qualified leads to all members of the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Approve all CVB contracts with set monetary threshold.
- Conduct bimonthly CVB staff meetings to ensure goals/KPIs and objectives are being met.
- Continuously be aware of competition and recommend changes that will give Athens a competitive edge.
- Recommend organizational changes, disciplinary action, hiring of new employees, and training programs as they relate to maximizing the economic impact of Athens.
- Track, maintain, and report successes of the Bureau at Classic Center and community meetings.
- Produce regular reports showing accomplishments, competitor data, economic impact, hotel occupancy/ADR, number of visitors, and other information required.
- Recommend policies and procedures to superior for adoption by The Authority to ensure an efficient and effective professional organization is maintained.
- Oversee and be responsible for daily operations of the Convention and Visitors Bureau. Ensure entire team will always be conducting business in a highly professional, ethical, and dignified manner.
- Proof all materials generated by the CVB or its agencies and be responsible for the coordination of such materials, their accuracy, completeness, and distribution.
- Coordinate and communicate with all other community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, local lodging, Downtown Development Authority/DABA, Arts Council, Historic Athens, Athens-Clarke County Government (including Leisure Services), The University of Georgia, and our business community, in general, to be well informed of the CVB’s activities and to market and work with these other organizations to promote Athens to the outside world.
- Actively represent the CVB at community events, including boards and committees.
- Operate an advisory board that meets quarterly, apprise it of CVB happenings throughout the year, and seek input from it for the CVB’s program of work. Ensure that the advisory board is an appendage of the CVB, helping the CVB accomplish its program of work and understanding that The Classic Center Authority is the legal policy board for the CVB.
- College degree in marketing or tourism preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience working at a destination marketing organization in management
- Minimum of one year of hotel sales experience preferred
- Background in community development
- Background in working with elected officials
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Employment Resume Submission Page
Levy Restaurants Server
Job Type: Part-time
General Description: Levy Restaurants at The Classic Center is hiring. Come be a part of our family and grow in your knowledge of the restaurant world.
Typical work routine includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for serving, clearing and executing catering events held at The Classic Center.
- Set-up, breakdown and overall maintenance of all equipment used for each event.
- Must be dependable, hard-working and knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Must be able to follow directions, work well with others and have a professional manner while at work.
- 1-2 years of hospitality industry experience required.
Required Experience: 1 year in the hospitality industry
Levy Restaurants Dishwashers
JOB TITLE: Operations Coordinator FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator performs all the clerical & administrative duties as assigned for the entire Operations Department. These duties include, but are not limited to, typing, filing, mailings, phone calls, correspondence, event postings, online vendor order setups, note taking, event signage, plasma signage, marquee signage, and direct scheduling of appointments for staff. The position also assists Event Coordinators in all event planning efforts necessary to meet client needs. It is the responsibility of the Operations Coordinator, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, to oversee the Event Services program of the building, which includes trade show services, event logistics, business services, and shipping and receiving/material handling. The Operations Coordinator will work cooperatively with the Director of Operations in a variety of ways in an effort to meet the overall goals and direction of the department.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1.Administrative & Clerical duties as assigned.
2.Meet and greet the clients and guests of the Classic Center.
3.Interact with functional unit heads and other Classic Center staff in a courteous, cooperative,and professional manner.
4.Plan, organize, and maintain a productive and efficient work schedule as assigned by theDirector of Operations.
5.Function as a liaison between users, service providers, and staff of the Classic Center
6.Notify staff of Operations staff meetings and locations, attend all Operations staff meetings, and follow up on staff assignments.
7.Coordinate all trade show exhibitor needs through the Service Order Form website, as well asday-of needs.
8.Order and bid equipment and supplies as requested by the Director of Operations
9.Initiate, process, track, record, assemble, and responsibly maintain files and records for allpurchase orders for the Classic Center.
10.Post daily events and keep database and related materials accurate and updated for the nextday’s listing.
11. Maintain and distribute current and past year’s event files for the department. This includes
filing, administering, processing after Event Coordinators complete, and verify contents.
12. Assist in the maintenance and overall accuracy of the “Four Week Out” schedule.
13. Serve as a primary point of contact for Operations when communicating to other departments
within the Classic Center.
14. Update, revise, and create department forms and documents.
15. Assist the Director of Operations and Assistant Executive Director with budget management
and expense accounting as need.
16. Working directly with staff and clients in preparing event outlines, preparing scaled drawings
of function space, coordination of equipment distribution, monitoring events, and event billing.
17. Pulling vendor service orders from the website, as well as taking them over the phone,
documenting the orders, and alerting the planner, event managers, engineers, A/V staff, and
others as need be of these orders.
18. Communicating with Event Attendants and Coordinators, creating monthly Event Attendant
schedules, and sending them to Attendants and Coordinators.
19. Updating the marquee to reflect events daily.
20. Creating helpful and clear directional signage for the building.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Full-Time Positions Applications Page
The Classic Center
Department or Section: Operations
Position Classification: Extra Coverage Guard
Classic Center Extra Coverage Guards provide security for The Classic Center to safeguard the company’s assets and to be diligent and dependable in discharging out assigned duties. Extra Coverage Guards survey the premises during their respective shift and are also responsible for additional duties during emergency procedures.
Typical Work routine Includes, But Not Limited to:
Assist visitors and serve as concerned public relations representative.
Protect personnel on the premises.
Serve as a deterrent to person’s intent on committing criminal acts. Protect proprietary and classified information. Look for and report potential hazards. Restrict access to unauthorized people.
Observe and take immediate action to use of illegal drugs and inappropriate consumption of alcohol.
Monitor materials leaving the facility, helping to ensure that company property does not leave without proper authorization.
Assist the parking operations with ticketing in the parking deck as directed by the Parking Operations Manager.
The primary mission is to maintain a secure facility; detect, deter and report any violations to facility policy, safety violations and any attempts at theft, criminal damage, etc. house Guards will maintain a safe and secure facility for the Classic Center by affording crowd control and direction when appropriate.
High School Diploma or GED.
Customer service skills, experience in team oriented environment.
This position requires frequent walking around the facility and lifting of materials up to 25 lbs.
Able to see, hear and write in English.
This position is generally located within an office environment, with frequent exposure to outside elements (hot and cold), and with frequent exposure to minimal- moderate noise levels.
Interested applicants should apply through the Part-Time Positions Application page.