Internship Information & Application
Marketing Department Intern
Internship available for: Fall 2019
Internship available for: Spring 2020 and Summer 2020
- This intern position is a non-paid position.
- In general, the hours will be set around the intern's schedule and will include 10-15 hours per week in the office.
- Responsibilities include: assist the sales department throughout the sales process, creating proposals, drafting contracts, researching leads, assist with the execution of internal events, follow during site visits and complete special projects.
Interested applicants should complete the Internship Submission Form.
Sports Marketing InternshipThe Classic Center marketing department is seeking a Sponsorship Sales Intern for the Summer/Fall of 2019. The qualified candidate will work directly with the Sponsorship Sales Coordinator on the entire sponsorship sales process. This will include, but is not limited to sponsorships for UGA Hockey, Athens on Ice public ice skating, the Broadway Entertainment Series, facility sponsorships, and Classic Center Cultural Foundation events. This is a non-paid position requiring 15-20 hours of availability per week. The experience you will gain from this internship will benefit anyone interested in sales, marketing, or running their own business.
Internship available for: Fall 2019
- Assist in the entire sponsorship sales process from initial point of contact with a client to closing a deal in order to achieve goal of $450,000 in sponsorship sales for the next fiscal year.
- Coordinating sponsorship sales and helping to service sponsor accounts, to include professional email correspondence, phone calls, and in-person meetings with prospective and current partners.
- Helping with the preparation, updates, and creation of sponsorship packages and collateral.
- Other daily and weekly operational duties including UGA Hockey sky suite set-up/hosting, maintaining sponsor contact database and more.
Theatre Event Planner / Management Internship Program
Internship available for Fall 2019
To enable the student an opportunity to gain broad on-the-job education by giving them hands on experience in the event coordinating, hospitality, and entertainment industries.
Overall Knowledge/Skills Developed
- Intern will develop an understanding of all major areas of a Performing Arts Theatre, including: Basics of Booking, Box Office/Ticket Administration, Marketing, Event Planning, Event Management, Crowd Management/Safety, Volunteer Program Management, Technical Services, Guest Experience, Hospitality & Patron Services.
- Intern will develop this understanding through professional mentorship, instruction, assigned responsibilities, hands on projects, and job shadowing.
- Intern will shadow event coordinator through the planning and execution of multiple events and will be expected to take the lead in the planning and execution of an event before the conclusion of the internship.
- Attendance and punctuality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Time management
- Problem identification, analysis, and resolution
- Planning and organizational skills
- Professional communication
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Company confidentiality
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Theatre meetings (as schedule allows)
- Two office afternoons as week (8 hours weekly)
- Shows/Events (as schedule allows)
- BEO or OPS meeting (as schedule allows)
Special Events Intern
Internship available for: Summer 2020
This position is a non-paid position. In general, the hours will be set around the intern’s schedule and will include 10-15 hours per week in the office. Some nights and weekend work may be required during events. Dates for events can be provided upon start date.
- Assist with event correspondence and planning
- E-mail marketing
- Event promotions
- Volunteer Coordination and communication
- Assist with marketing Foundation programs (i.e. scholarships and grants)
- Assist with event set-up and execution
- Other duties as assigned
Desired (but not required) qualifications:
- Experience with Special Events and Event Planning
- At least 1 year of college coursework
- Experience with Excel
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the Internship Resume Submission.
No phone calls, please.
Digital Marketing & Communications Internship
Available: Summer 2020
Hours: 10 hours/week
One position filled each semester
$10 per hour
Seeking Athens’ biggest fans to apply to promote the city to visitors. The Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is the official tourism marketing organization for Athens-Clarke County and is searching for a Digital Marketing & Communications intern.
This multi-faceted internship will provide real-world experience with B2C use of social media and email marketing, as well as creating owned content such as blog articles. All blog articles and press releases authored will include the student’s byline-- great opportunity to develop a professional portfolio!
Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in any press visits scheduled during the internship period.
The CVB markets Athens as a destination for leisure travel, meetings & conventions. We play a key role in economic development, as we draw visitor dollars to a wide segment of local businesses.
Early applications are encouraged as cover letters & resumes will be reviewed as received and interviews with highly qualified applicants scheduled.
All majors considered, Sophomore-Senior year.
Detail-oriented, professionalism, and reliability a must. Exceptional writing skills. Particular interest in social media a plus.
Interested applicants should complete the Internship Submission Form
Open until filled. Apply 2-3 months prior to start of the semester. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.