The Classic Center Arena project will include the design and construction of a new public assembly facility/arena space and related areas to accommodate a permanent seating capacity of approximately 5,500.
The planning for The Classic Center Arena project is underway and we want to hear your input as we begin making decisions on the design, usage, and construction of the Facility. Attend any or all of these three public engagement sessions in-person or virtually to be a part of the conversation.
April 5 at 6:30 p.m. The Classic Center Grand Hall
April 19 at 6:30 p.m. The Classic Center Olympia Room
May 10 at 6:30 p.m. The Classic Center Grand Hall
Note: sessions will be streamed live on The Classic Center's YouTube page. Recordings will be added to the appropriate listing below following the meeting. Sessions will be socially distanced, and all attendees are required to wear a mask. Reservations are not required. Virtual link will be added to the description below 2-days prior to session.
- Public Engagement Session #1
- Public Engagement Session #2
- Public Engagement Session #3
- Public Engagement Session #4
April 5, 2021 @ 6:30 p.m.
The Classic Center Grand Hall
Public Meeting #1 will introduce or reintroduce the public to the basic facts about The Classic Center Arena project. At this meeting all information that has been previously published will be re-presented including:
- The process that has led to this point
- Information about The Classic Center Arena location, potential capacities, costs
- Economic and community rationale for constructing the new Classic Center Arena
- Potential economic impacts for the community and the region
- Proposed improvements in the area around The Classic Center; from North Thomas Street to the River, and for the area North of East Broad Street
- Potential events that can take place at the new Classic Center Arena
- Critical program areas that are needed within The Classic Center Arena
- Project goals for sustainability, energy efficiency, and resiliency for the project
- Public hopes and biggest concerns regarding The Classic Center Arena project
- Public input of what will make the project a great success
April 19, 2021 @ 6:30 p.m.
The Classic Center Olympia Room
Public Meeting #2 will recap the key issues and concerns brought about during public engagement session #1 and will begin to present concepts for The Classic Center Arena including:
- Traffic access, parking locations, and pedestrian, bicycle, and transit access
- Seating bowl configuration options
- Amenities that will help assure the financial success of the project
- How to make The Classic Center Arena inclusive of and inviting to the entire community
- Spaces needed to accommodate the users of The Classic Center Arena including sports teams, concerts, family shows, and conventions
- Service areas and the load-in for events as well as how these areas can be shielded from public view
- Thoughts and concerns about each of the functional areas of The Classic Center Arena
- Possible home of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame
- Exterior design review and discussion
May 10, 2021 @ 6:30 p.m.
Location: The Classic Center Grand Hall
Public Meeting #3 will briefly recap the first and second public meetings, identify the key issues and the critical public input that we have received an outline and project developments that resulted from those discussions. We will also discuss:
- Design and site and building plans
- Sustainability, low energy usage, renewables, and resilience for the project
- Initial design concepts and directions for the exterior
- Public input on the interior and exterior design concepts
- Plans to increase minority hiring
- Plans to utilize local subcontractors where appropriate
- Noise/traffic during construction as well as construction duration
- Any initiatives for workforce development/training
- Management of contingencies
September 1 - 3, 2021 @ 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Drop-in)
Location: The Classic Center Firehall
Public Meeting #4 is a drop-in presentation in The Classic Center Firehall about The Classic Center Arena's schematic design. Guests are invited to stop by to view the presentation and leave feedback by filling out an anonymous survey here or by scanning the QR code next to the presentation. Please submit all feedback by September 5.