Statement Regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus
March 16, 2020
The Classic Center continues to closely monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). As of today, Monday, March 16th, The Classic Center will limit large events, effective immediately; this restriction will remain in place through Tuesday, March 31st. This decision follows the CDC and local government requests to promote patron safety through social distancing.
All events scheduled for April will be reevaluated at the close of this month. Events will either be postponed for a later date or canceled. A full list of Classic Center ticketed events can be found below:
• Athens Symphony Spring Concert & Ticket Giveaway – Canceled
• U.S. Navy Band in Concert 2020 National Tour, March 15th – Canceled
• Jimmy Buffet’s Escape to Margaritaville, March 18th – Canceled
• Casting Crowns, March 20th – Postponed to October 13th
• TEDxUGA, March 27th – Canceled/Postponed being announced ASAP
• Choir of Man at Georgia Theatre April 1st – Postponed, new date TBD
• An American in Paris, April 2nd – Postponed, new date TBD
• Dancing with the Athens Stars, April 4th – Postponed, new date TBD
All ticket holders will be contacted directly via email. Patrons with tickets to a show that has been rescheduled will automatically be transferred to new date. Should the event be canceled, all patrons will receive a full refund in the method in which they purchased.
Refunds for canceled events will be automatically initiated and credit cards electronically credited- there is no need to contact The Center. For patrons who purchased via cash/check/certificate, these refunds will be automatically applied as a credit on the ticketholder’s account. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this challenging time.
Please note that this restriction will also affect all events hosted at The Classic Center. If the event you plan to attend is not included in the list above, please contact your event organizer or original place of ticket purchase for more information.