This position is a part-time position (approximately 10 to 25 hours per week, depending on events) scheduled though The Classic Center Security office. This position will be responsible for the safety and security of the patrons, guests and employees of The Classic Center during various events that require extra security guards to maintain safety at the facility.
The Classic Center marketing department is looking for a graphics design intern for Summer 2015. This position is a non-paid position. Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is ideal. In general, the hours will be set around the intern's schedule and will include 10 to 15 hours per week in the office.
The Classic Center marketing department is looking for an intern for Summer 2015. This position is a non-paid position. In general, the hours will be set around the intern’s schedule and will include 15-20 hours per week in the office. Some nights and weekend work may be required during events.
- Assist the Special Events Coordinator with event correspondence
- E-mail marketing
- Assist with event promotions
- Assist with designing event set-up
- Other duties as assigned
Desired (but not required) qualifications:
- Experience with Special Events and Event Planning
- Ability to provide and work from your own laptop
- Experience with Excel
To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Stephanie@ClassicCenter.com. No phone calls, please.
The Event Planner will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling events within The Classic Center as assigned and shall monitor the logistical interfacing of these events, to include, but not limited to: Meeting/communicating with clients, preparing event outlines, preparing scaled drawings of event areas, coordination of equipment distribution, event billing, monitoring events assigned, and such other functions and duties as required by the Director of Operations. Position reports directly to the Director of Operations and may function as the Manager on Duty in his/her absence.
TYPICAL WORK ROUTINE INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Plan, organize, and maintain a productive work schedule as required by events assigned by the Manager of Operations.
2. Prepare detailed written outlines and instructions for events as required.
3. Function as liaison between users and staff of The Classic Center by facilitating and leading planning meetings with clients and staff in order to obtain essential information.
4. Monitor assigned event requirements as interfaced with other events and activities scheduled in The Classic Center.
5. Prepare detailed scaled drawings illustrating event requirements.
6. Coordinate equipment distribution, (drape, tables, chairs, staging, microphones, etc.) as required.
7. Notify Director of Operations of facilities or equipment in need of repair or replacement.
8. Interact with functional unit heads and other Classic Center staff in a courteous, cooperative and professional manner.
9. Present event-related information in a concise, professional and accurate manner as required.
10. Serve as the primary contact for the client following the Sales Department as the planning process evolves from the contracting stage to the execution stage with the Event Managers.
11. Informed, targeted, and actively involved to assist in reaching goals set forth from the Director of Operations in regards to departmental sales objectives.
12. Proficient in all areas of life safety in accordance with operational policy and procedures
13. Work irregular schedule as required ensuring proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in The Classic Center.
14. Coordinate event parking between The Classic Center clients, the staff responsible for on-site parking, and the City of Athens.
15. Such other duties, functions, and special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations of The Classic Center.
1. Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an Event Coordinator with a multipurpose facility or three (3) years’ experience in a comparable or related position.
2. Minimum high school education or equivalent. College degree preferred with emphasis on management and drafting or math. Additional years of experience may serve as substitute on basis of two (2) years’ experience for one (1) year of college.
3. Ability to demonstrate competence in basic math, written communications, verbal communication, and basic drafting.
4. Ability to demonstrate supervisory skills
To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Mr. Shannon McCullough at Shannon@ClassicCenter.com. No phone calls, please.
Sharepoint Developer (Contract Work)
The Classic Center IT department is currently seeking proposals from independent contractors to complete a Microsoft Sharepoint customization project. Interested parties should contactKurt@ClassicCenter.com for more information.
The Classic Center Authority shall enhance the quality of life in Athens-Clarke County by serving as the cultural, civic and social center of the Southeast and by generating maximum economic impact.
"Through a thoughtfully planned and conveniently placed facility, located in a uniquely vibrant and charming cultural environment and proactive, creative approach to customer service, The Classic Center elevates the experience of events to exceed the expectations of our guests."